Here are some of my favorite leadership quotes.
Feel free to add your own favorites to this list.
- A great leader’s courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position. – John Maxwell
- Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate, and doubt to offer a solution everybody can understand. – General Colin Powell
- The key to winning is confidence, and the key to confidence is preparation. – Arthur Ashe
- Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. – Seneca, Roman philosopher, 5 B.C.
- You can’t steal second base and keep one foot on first. – author unknown
- Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. – Albert Einstein
- If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn’t thinking. – General George S. Patton
- Never fear criticism when you’re right. Never ignore criticism when you’re wrong. – author unknown
- Without wise leadership, a nation falls; there is safety in having many advisers. – Proverbs 11:14
- Management is efficiency in climbing the ladder of success; leadership determines whether the ladder is leaning against the right wall. – Stephen R. Covey